Health Bytes Headlines
Bravo! Pet Food Recall: Possible Salmonella Contamination
Posted: 4:38 PM
- Bravo is recalling certain varieties of its turkey and chicken pet foods for dogs and cats because they have the potential to be contaminated with salmonella.
RFD In The Pink
Updated: 6:20 PM
- Many of us here at KOLO 8 News Now are wearing pink to bring awareness to breast cancer. But we aren't the only team raising awareness of this leading cancer killer among women. Reno Fire Fighters are getting into the pink and asking the community to join them.
Sister: US Ebola Patient Said He Was From Liberia
Posted: 2:11 PM
- According to his sister, the first Ebola patient diagnosed in the United States has said he notified health care workers the first time he went to the hospital that he was visiting the U.S. from Liberia.
Mysterious Virus Could Be In Nevada
- Nevada is one of only a handful of states not reporting the D68 Virus. That means test have not been ordered for the CDC to confirm a patient has the virus locally. But experts say that doesn't mean the virus hasn't already made an appearance.
Senators: Widen Medicaid Program for Frail Seniors
- More than a dozen senators are calling on the Obama administration to broaden a Medicaid program for the nation's frailest seniors, calling it a proven alternative to pricier nursing home care.
More Health Bytes Headlines
Daily Health & Medical News