Health Bytes Headlines
HIV Case Leads to Call for Porn Production Moratorium
Posted: 12:22 PM
- The advocacy group for the adult film industry has called for an industrywide production moratorium after a performer tested positive for HIV.
Experimental Ebola Drug Cures Monkeys
Posted: 12:02 PM
- An experimental Ebola drug healed all 18 monkeys infected with the deadly virus in a study, boosting hopes that the treatment might help fight the outbreak raging through West Africa.
Liberian Priest in Reno Asking for Donations, Prayers
Updated: 8:38 AM
- The Rev. Fr. Elijah Bobby Washington, a Liberian priest, is temporarily stuck in the United States because of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. In the meantime, he's asking donations and prayers be sent to the people there.
MDA Helps Northern Nevada Residents
- Sunday KOLO will be broadcasting the MDA “Show of Strength” telethon that benefits locals like Sparks resident Timothy Bennett who has been battling a condition called Charcot Marie Tooth Disease. It has affected Bennett’s muscle tissue since he was ten years old.
More Beds Planned for Vegas Psych Hospital
- Officials say there will soon be more hospital beds for psychiatric patients in Las Vegas, after state officials doubled the Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rate for mental health treatment.
More Health Bytes Headlines
Daily Health & Medical News