Health Bytes Headlines
The Lodge Location For A Medical Marijuana Shop
- A controversial medical marijuana dispensary is planning on setting up shop at a new location. The dispensary met with much opposition earlier this summer when the license owner planned to build near Galena High School.
Second Human West Nile Case Surfaces in Washoe County
- The second person in 2015 in Washoe County has tested positive for West Nile Virus (WNV). Health officials confirmed the information September 1, 2015. The patient, who lives in the Rosewood Lakes area of Reno, was hospitalized for several days with the neuroinvasive form of WNV.
Washoe County Horse Tests Positive for West Nile
- A 13-year-old mare in the Washoe Valley/Franktown Road area has tested positive for West Nile Virus (WNV), according to Washoe health officials. The report confirms WNV presence in southern Washoe County including Sparks, Reno, and Washoe Valley.
Mackay Smoking Area to Stay Despite University Ban
- There will still be a designated smoking area at Mackay Stadium despite the university's tobacco ban.
CA Lawmakers Advance Aid-in-Dying Bill
- California lawmakers have advanced right-to-die legislation through an Assembly committee after an earlier measure stalled this year amid opposition from religious groups and some Democrats.
More Health Bytes Headlines
Daily Health & Medical News
No Items Retrieved from Feed.