September 19, 2014
RENO, NV - "The Tour de Nez is a celebration of all things cycling. It's a celebration of the two-wheel wonder," says Tim Healion, organizer of the Tour de Nez.
It takes place on July 29 this year at Wingfield Park. But folks are already trying to decide where they should camp out to watch the races. Healion, along with Casey Clark of the Reno Bike Project, told us their Top 5 Favorite Spots for watching the races.
1. Wingfield Park - where the race starts and finishes
2. Outside tables at Silver Peak
3. By the Truckee River, near Campo
4. The corner of Island and Rainbow
5. The balcony of the Great Basin Community Food Coop
Healion says these areas give the best views of the cyclists pedaling by. Of course, you may want to show up early to nab these spots. For more information on the Tour de Nez, including race times, head to:
The Reno Bike Project is also holding a swap on the day of the Tour de Nez. It will be at the basketball courts at Barbara Bennett Park.