October 22, 2014
RENO, Nev. (AP) - A woman has been charged in the death of a Reno toddler authorities say was caused by a methadone overdose.
Fifty-year-old Gina Lindquist was indicted by a Washoe County grand jury on one count of child neglect causing death related to the January 2009 overdose of 4-year-old Samuel Sharber.
Prosecutors say Lindquist was arrested Wednesday in Las Vegas.
According to court documents, Lindquist was taking prescribed methadone tablets when she was baby-sitting Sharber in her room at
the Vacation Motor Lodge.
Lindquist told detectives she had moved the methadone from a bathroom shelf to a table by her bed sometime during the night. When she awoke, the boy was on the floor and not breathing.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.