SPARKS, Nev. (AP) - Officials say it's unclear if a woman whose body was found near a fire in a Sparks apartment died because of the blaze.
Sparks Fire Battalion Chief Dave Niehaus says the fire was reported Saturday morning at the Thunderbird Resort Club on Nichols Boulevard.
Firefighters found a bed, trash can and carpet smoldering in one apartment. The woman was found unconscious in the apartment's bathroom.
The woman was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead. Her identity and details about a possible cause of the fire were not released.
Niehaus told the Reno Gazette-Journal (http://on.rgj.com/1azhPe7) that he didn't have details on the official cause of death or whether the woman had died before the fire.
Niehaus says the woman did not appear to have suffered any burns.
Copyright 2015 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.