Space Heater Played Part in Trailer Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

RENO, NV - Fire investigators say a space heater helped start the fire that destroyed a travel trailer over the weekend in Verdi.

They tell us the man who lived in the trailer at the Riverbelle Trailer Park actually had two space heaters, and several of his things very close to them. The trailer went up in flames so quickly, and the heat was so intense, it's hard to tell just what caught fire, but fire officials say it was an accident.

But they also say you shouldn't keep anything too close to a space heater.

The owner was next door when the fire broke out, and no one was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 149568625 - kolotv.com/a?a=149568625
Gray Television, Inc.