October 22, 2014
SPARKS, NV - The Nevada Humane Society has awarded the Sparks Fire Department for helping with a cat rescue. Monday, June 30, 2014, NHS held a ceremony to say thank you.
Thursday, June 12, 2014, Sparks firefighters responded to a report of a cat stuck in a chimney vent for several days.
Snoopy the cat made access through a small ash door at the base of the chimney and became wedged.
Crews were able to gain access to a crawl space under the home to get to the chimney area.
Eventually, firefighters were able to remove Snoopy and return the cat to the owners in good condition.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.