September 20, 2014
RENO, NV - The Save Mart on Keystone Avenue is back open after evacuations were in place.
At 10:45 a.m. on Wednesday, July 24, someone from Save Mart called NV Energy saying a strong smell was coming from the compressor room in the supermarket, according to NV Energy.
NV Energy placed an evacuation order on the Save Mart as a precautionary measure.
Crews found that a water heater upstairs was leaking carbon monoxide and that the water heater was not burning properly, according to the Reno Fire Department.
The water heater is now shut down and a repairman is on scene fixing it, according to the Reno Fire Department.
Responding crews were NV Energy, Reno Fire Department and the Reno Police Department.
Save Mart is re-opened after evacuations were in place for 20 minutes.