Wiring Blamed for Dual House Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

RENO, NV - Firefighters say energized electrical wiring is the likely cause of a fire that destroyed one home and significantly damaged another in a Reno neighborhood.

The fire broke out just before midnight Monday, on Brookview Circle, which is near Lakeside Drive.

34 firefighters rushed to the scene to extinguish the flames. The narrow streets presented a challenge for them as they tried to take their equipiment in and gain access to the homes.

The Red Cross is helping a total of five people after being displaced by the fire.

Fire investigators say nobody was hurt.

The questionable wiring is near the fence that separates the two houses.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 168425886