November 1, 2014
RENO, NV - Firefighters say energized electrical wiring is the likely cause of a fire that destroyed one home and significantly damaged another in a Reno neighborhood.
The fire broke out just before midnight Monday, on Brookview Circle, which is near Lakeside Drive.
34 firefighters rushed to the scene to extinguish the flames. The narrow streets presented a challenge for them as they tried to take their equipiment in and gain access to the homes.
The Red Cross is helping a total of five people after being displaced by the fire.
Fire investigators say nobody was hurt.
The questionable wiring is near the fence that separates the two houses.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.