Reno House Seriously Damaged in Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

RENO, NV - Fire investigators say a fire that damaged a house Monday afternoon was probably an accident, though they haven't determined the specific cause. They say it may have started near a first-floor fireplace.

The man who lives in the house on E. 9th Street in Reno called 911 shortly after noon to report smoke and flames. It only took a few minutes to put the fire out, but firefighters say there is significant damage to sheetrock and many of the resident's personal items.

He was treated for smoke inhalation, but not taken to a hospital.

The house is badly enough damaged that the owner will need to spend some nights away until he can make repairs.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134630053 - kolotv.com/a?a=134630053
Gray Television, Inc.