November 26, 2014
RENO, NV - NV Energy officials say birds started a fire on a power line in Reno, causing that line to lose power, affecting about 1800 customers.
It started around 3:30pm Wednesday in the area of Wells and Kuenzli, even affecting the VA hospital on Locust Street, which has backup generators. All the power has been restored. Around midnight most of the customers except 10 had their power restored, the final 10 customers got power back around 2 a.m.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.