September 16, 2014
RENO, NV - Galena High School was briefly evacuated Monday morning because of a hazardous materials spill on campus.
The school was ventilated after a chemical spill in the photo lab. The acid spilled is called glacial acetic acid, which can cause eye and skin irritation, though there's no word of any injuries or chemical reactions to students or staff.
Students were allowed back in about 90 minutes after being evacuated.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.