April 18, 2015
SPARKS, NV - A Sparks business is heavily damaged after a fire Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the business on Watson Street, where they found smoke and flames coming from a commercial auto shop. Employees were trying to put it out with a garden hose. Firefighters went in and got the flames out quickly, but closed East Glendale briefly to bring in equipment for ventilation.
Adjoining businesses sustained some smoke damage. Nobody is hurt.
Investigators say the fire started near a sanding machine and dust collector because of an ember from the sanding machine that was pulled into the dust collection unit, causing a dust explosion.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.