North Valleys School Briefly Cleared After Smoke Scare

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

RENO, NV - Students are headed back inside and classes are resuming after reports of smoke inside North Valleys High School Thursday.

Reports of smoke went out around lunchtime, and students were ushered into the parking lot while fire crews checked the building. A school district spokeswoman says an HVAC heater ventilation unit overheated, leading to smoke in the building. The smoke cleared and school police gave the go-ahead for the regular schedule to resume.

There are no reports of injuries and reports of only minimal damage to the school.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 232893961 - kolotv.com/a?a=232893961