August 23, 2014
RENO, NV - Nine people were evacuated from a business in Reno because of an acid spill Friday.
About 11:30 Friday morning, an employee at Sierra Sciences, a biotech firm, dropped a box with a small container of hydrochloric acid. One employee was exposed to the chemical and may have to be treated.
There were no road closures and no nearby businesses were affected.
The spill happened on South Rock Boulevard.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.