REMSA’s Nurse Health Line services include:
· Assess: Nurses will assess each patient’s non-emergency illness or injury, including specific symptoms, medical history, medications, allergies, and complicating conditions.
· Care: Nurses will provide personalized care guidance in real time and provide assistance in determining how soon to seek additional care.
· Triage: Nurses will triage patients to the appropriate level of care and assist patients in identifying and arranging for appropriate treatment.
· Refer: Nurses will assist patients to help them gain access to an array of the available local community resources closest to their homes, such as urgent care centers, primary care doctors and medical clinics, mental health services, community service agencies, and public assistance programs.
· Educate: Nurses will educate patients on medical concerns, proper medication usage, wellness strategies, injury prevention, and diagnosis/disease processes and improve their knowledge of how to effectively use local resources, which will help patients to manage their health care costs.
· Confirm: Nurses will use sophisticated protocols to confirm whether the patient has a serious medical problem requiring immediate care. Callers with such problems will be directly transferred to the emergency medical dispatchers, and the fire department first responders and an ambulance will be sent immediately.
RENO, NV - Washoe County residents now have access to a Nurse Health Line that will be available to them 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
REMSA announced the launch of the Nurse Health Line on Wednesday, October 30, 2013.
Washoe County residents can call the health line for access to medical assessments, clinical education, triage, and referral to health care and community services regardless of insurance status, according to an official with REMSA.
Officials say the new program provides patients with quicker access to medical information and more care choices from REMSA's team of registered nurses.
The number for the Nurse Health Line is 858-1000.