Inspection: Failed Weld Allowed Exhaust Inside Bus; Riders Hospitalized

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

BRIDGEPORT, CA - The California Highway Patrol says an inspection has revealed a failed weld in the exhaust system led a pipe to separate, allowing exhaust inside a bus Sunday morning, making about passengers headed for Reno sick.

The California Highway Patrol says that carbon monoxide leak on the bus is to blame for the emergency stop in Bridgeport, California, instead of continuing on US 395 North to Reno.

13 of the more than 50 passengers were taken to a hospital for medical treatment.

CHP says the Amador Stage Lines bus left Long Beach, California, for Reno Sunday morning.

The CHP is still investigating.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 246973541 - kolotv.com/a?a=246973541