Kids Playing With Matches Blamed for House Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

SPARKS, NV - Preteens playing with matches are the culprits in a house fire Tuesday morning, according to the Sparks Fire Department.

Flames broke out about 8:30AM in a room at the house on Prospect Avenue, north of Oddie Boulevard and off Rock Boulevard. It was put out within minutes and confined to a bedroom, mostly bedding.

A fire department spokesman says kids were playing with matches and lit a corner of the bed on fire. No one is hurt and as soon as the room is cleaned up, the house will be habitable.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 160394245 - kolotv.com/a?a=160394245
Gray Television, Inc.