November 28, 2014
SPARKS, NV - Sparks firefighters have put out a fire at a home on 9th Street.
Firefighters got the call shortly before 9:30AM Friday. The fire was in a garbage can next to the house, and it had spread to the house and attic eave area.
No one was home and no one is hurt.
Investigators say ashes had been put into the plastic garbage can and reignited. They say it is important to remember that hot ashes and coals stay hot for a long time, and should be placed in a metal can, doused with water and let sit for a couple of days before being thrown out.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.