They are back. Beginning Wednesday at John Ascuaga’s Nugget are the thrilling Drag Races & Burnouts. This exciting event pits drivers in a rubber-burning competition to see which hot rod proves to be the fastest on the track. The track is approximately an eighth of a mile in length and welcomes all vehicles 1972 and older. In addition to the popular Drag Races & Burnouts,
Hot August Nights has a wide variety of events, activities and entertainment happening throughout the week in Reno and Sparks.
• 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Big Boy’s Toy Store, Reno Events Center
• 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Ride & Drive, Grand Sierra Resort
• 4 p.m. - midnight Drag Races & Burnouts, John Ascuaga’s Nugget
• 5 p.m. Sock Hop, Circus Circus Mandalay Ballroom
• 7 p.m. Official Kick-off Cruise, Downtown Reno
• 8:15 p.m. Chicago Tribute Authority perform at Victorian Square
• 8:15 p.m. Hotel California perform at Grand Sierra Resort
For more information or a full schedule of events, visit www.hotaugustnights.net.
Where: John Ascuaga’s Nugget
1100 Nugget Ave.
Sparks, NV 89431
When: Drag Racing & Burnouts take place from 4 p.m.-midnight, Wednesday, Aug. 8 through Saturday, Aug. 11
About: Hot August Nights, a non-profit organization, is the premiere classic car event in the world, annually drawing hundreds of thousands of spectators and participants to northern Nevada to revel in nostalgia, enjoy top entertainers from the ‘50s and ‘60s and participate in a variety of events including Show-n-Shines, controlled cruises and more.