Home Under Construction Goes Up In Flames

By: Pat Hambright Email
By: Pat Hambright Email

Fire crews say wind made it difficult to put out a construction fire that broke out in a subdivision off of W. 4th Street in Reno.
A worker installing the roof on a nearly completed new home reported seeing sparks before flames broke out.
The resulting fire nearly burned the home on Anselmo Drive to the ground before crews were able to put it out.
As they were moping up the first fire, it was observed that embers had carried to another home in an established neighborhood, which ignited a small fire.
A dumpster at the construction site also caught fire.
No injuries were reported, but two propane tanks inside the home did explode causing crews to remain back from the home.
The site appears to be total loss.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 203292431 - kolotv.com/a?a=203292431
Gray Television, Inc.