WINNEMUCCA, NV - Authorities have not yet released the names of the four people killed early Sunday morning in a mobile home fire in Winnemucca. But the fire chief says there are no signs of criminal activity or foul play. They continue to investigate how the fire started early Sunday, around 2:30 in the morning. By the time fire crews arrived, the mobile home at 4072 North Estate Drive, the building was fully engulfed. Crews had to wait 15 minutes to enter the home. Once inside, they found four bodies.
"It's just sad, knowing there was two kids that died and the mom. It's just sad," said Derreck Converse, who lives in the area. "These little kids, we had a yard sale before and they would come and buy like clothes and stuff. And they were pretty cool."
"It's something that you see everyday. Just a bunch of little kids playing. When you hear two of them are gone, it's just tragic," said Alberto Estrada, who lives just a few houses away.
Winnemucca's fire chief would not release the names of any of the victims, but neighbors say the boys' mother was also killed in the fire.
"She was a good parent. Really good parent," said Marann Maxam, a neighbor who knew the mother for nine years. She said the oldest boy just turned eight years old last week.
"Everybody loved them. Everybody got along with them in this trailer park. They were just good kids. Really good kids," said Maxam.
The State Fire Marshal's Office and the Winnemucca Police Department are assisting the Winnemucca Volunteer Fire Department in this investigation.