September 18, 2014
SPARKS, NV – A fluorescent light could be to blame for a fire in Sparks Thursday morning.
Sparks firefighters responded around 1am to reports of a fire at 1635 Sullivan Lane. That's a commercial business.
The fire crew saw smoke coming out of the roof vents, and could see smoke inside the occupancy. Crews were able to extinguish a small fire in the southeast corner. Then they found a fire in the attic, which is where they think the fire started because of a fluorescent light ballast, but the investigation is still underway.
The fire didn't spread to neighboring businesses.
No injuries were reported.