Firefighters Get Head Start on Abandoned House Fire

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

SPARKS, Nev. -- Some alert firefighters got a head start on a house fire in Sparks Tuesday evening.

At about 6:00, Sparks firefighters were near the old Butcher Boy on Rock Boulevard near Oddie when they saw thick, black smoke coming from a near-by abandoned house.

With help from other crews, they put it out but not before it damaged three rooms.

One person was arrested on second degree arson charges.

King also noted that the City of Sparks is in the process of trying to get the property cleaned up and that Tuesday's fire may speed that process.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 167789765 - kolotv.com/a?a=167789765
Gray Television, Inc.