Reno, NV - Nobody was hurt in a fire at a home in the Damonte Ranch area Wednesday morning.
Firefighters responded to the call at the home on Fort Morgan Way shortly after 5:30AM. The people who lived there had heard smoke alarms and gotten outside.
Investigators say the fire started in the garage of the two-story wood frame home. Firefighters contained the fire to the garage, with fire damage to the garage and two vehicles, and some smoke damage to parts of the home. The cause of the fire hasn't been determined.
The Reno Fire Department Chaplain and the American Red Cross are assisting with finding alternative living arrangements for the family (two adults, three children, and one dog).
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.