October 20, 2014
RENO, NV - Firefighters say a fire in one of the rooms at the Ponderosa Hotel in Reno is out.
They were called around 10AM Thursday because of reports of light smoke at the building on South Virginia and California, but sprinklers had put out the fire. There is substantial water damage on the third floor, but fire and smoke damage is minimal. Because of the water damage, several residents may not be able to return right away.
Firefighters cleared the rooms surrounding the room with the fire as a precaution, but there are no reports of anyone being hurt.
No word yet what started the fire, but a firefighter reports smelling gasoline on the floor of the room.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.