Fire Damages Genoa Restaurant

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
An overheated stove led to the fire that caused $75,000 in damages to a Genoa restaurant Friday morning.

Courtesy: Kurt Hildebrand/The Record-Courier

GENOA, NV - An overheated stove led to the fire that caused $75,000 in damages to a Genoa restaurant Friday morning.

Douglas County investigators say shortly before 9AM, they got the call about the fire at the Genoa Station Grill and Bar, a business about 18 months old near Genoa Town Hall.

The fire broke out in the kitchen area and was contained to the kitchen and attic area. Investigators say over the last year or so, overheating from a commercial stove led heat to creep up a wall and into the attic of the building, getting wood hot enough to finally catch fire.

SR 206, which runs through Genoa , was closed for about two hours.

No one is hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 176039641 - kolotv.com/a?a=176039641
Gray Television, Inc.