Families Lose Home to Fire Just Before Holiday; You Can Help

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email

RENO, Nev. -- On the Sunday morning before Christmas Eve, two Fallon families lost everything they had to a fire that gutted their home.

According to friends, the families lived in the same house. A total of nine children, boys and girls ages two to 12, lived there. They lost all of their belongings, including Christmas presents and two dogs.

"I mean it hit them in an instant, they really had no time to think about what's going on except to get out of the house," Kevin Jeppsen, a brother of one woman living in the home.

As soon as Jeppsen heard about the fire, he went to Facebook and asked his friends for help. Little did he know how much of an impact that would make.

Donations came pouring in from neighbors, local businesses and surrounding communities. Family members say they are blown away by the support.

"I mean there was one couple who dropped off a $100 gift card to Payless Shoes and another couple dropped off a $100 gift card to Walmart," Jeppsen said.

Family friends have posted information on the KOLO 8 News Now Facebook site if you would like to donate something to help. The families could use anything from clothes, including jackets and shoes, to toys.

Friends of the fire victims say you can drop off donations at 1061 Christine Way in Fallon.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 184633551