A high wind warning remains in effect from 10 pm this evening to
4 pm PST Friday.
* Timing: winds will increase today ahead of a strong storm
system...With the strongest winds tonight and Friday morning.
* Winds: south to southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to
70 mph. Wind prone areas may see gusts up to 80 mph.
* Impacts: motorists in high profile vehicles will encounter
hazardous driving conditions due to strong winds. Loose
outdoor objects should be secured before this wind event.
A winter weather advisory for the Tahoe basin above 7000 feet remains in effect from
10 pm this evening to 4 pm PST Friday.
* Timing: heaviest snow will push into the area late tonight
and into Friday.
* Snow accumulations: 8 to 16 inches between 7000 and 8000 feet.
2 to 3 feet of snow above 8000 feet.
* Snow levels: between 7000-7500 feet.
* Impacts: heavy wet snow will accumulate over the passes
around Lake Tahoe...Especially Donner...Echo and mount rose
summits... Creating slick and hazardous driving conditions.
Motorists should plan on extra time for travel over the
Flood watch remains in effect from Saturday afternoon through
* Portions of east central California and western Nevada...
Including the following areas...In east central California...
Greater Lake Tahoe area. In western Nevada...Greater lake
Tahoe area and greater Reno-Carson City-Minden area.
* From Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning
* The highest risk for flooding is near small creeks and streams
in the Tahoe basin...Eastern Alpine county and the foothills
west of highway 395. Minor flooding may occur along steamboat
creek in western Nevada.
|There are currently no active polls at this time.
Click here to view other polls on our site and past poll results.