September 16, 2014
SPARKS, Nev. – Sparks fire investigators are piecing together a deadly discovery at the Thunderbird Resort at 200 Nichols Blvd.
Just after 1am Saturday, firefighters were called out because of an electrical smell. No smoke or fire could be seen initially. Then they found an apartment with signs of smoke on the window. They had to break into the apartment.
They found a bed and trash can smoldering. When they searched the apartment they found a resident unconscious in the bathroom.
Emergency medical treatment was given and the resident was taken to a local hospital. That unidentified person died at the hospital.
The fire investigation is ongoing.
A woman who works as the Front Desk Supervisor at the Thunderbird Resort told KOLO 8 News Now the fire happened next door at 202 Nichols Blvd at the Victorian Villas.
We are working to confirm that.
Stay with KOLO 8 News Now for updates on this story.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.