RENO, NV - Three people are displaced from their homes after a fire broke out on Capitol Hill Avenue.
The fire broke out shortly before 8AM Tuesday in a home that had been converted into a duplex. Battalion Chief Bob Knolls says it appears the fire started in the bathroom of one of the residences, making its way through the walls and into the attic.
The fire stayed mostly inside the walls, and though there is extensive damage to the roof, most of the residents' belongings were not damaged.
At least two people were home when the fire broke out. Everyone who lives there appears to have gotten out safely. Battalion Chief Knoll says the three renters will be able to get some of their belongings out, but will not be able to return home until the roof and walls have been repaired.
There's no word yet how much damage the fire caused or how it started. But fire crews have cut out the toilet and a portion of the bathroom floor in one residence where the fire appears to have started.
The Red Cross is assisting the three renters.