RENO, NV - The city of Reno has released a new list of eleven people confirmed dead in last week's air race crash at the Reno-Stead Airport.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office has completed scientific identification and notification to the following family members.
• Sharon Stewart – 47-year-old female – Reno, Nevada.
• John Craik – 45-year-old male – Gardnerville, Nevada.
• Cheryl Elvin – 71-year-old female – Lenexa, Kansas.
• Wendy Hewitt – 56-year-old female – Mohave, Arizona (formerly from Bellingham, Washington).
• George Hewitt – 60-year-old male – Bellingham, Washington.
• Craig Salerno – 50-year-old male – Friendswood, Texas.
• Michael Wogan – 22-year-old male – Scottsdale, Arizona.
• Regina Bynum – 53-year-old female – San Angelo, Texas.
• Gregory Morcom – 47-year-old male – Stanwood, Washington.
• James McMichael – 47-year-old male – Graham, Washington.
• James Leeward – 74-year-old male – Ocala, Florida.
The NTSB confirms 7 killed on the tarmac with 2 dying later from their injuries, then an additional victim died this past weekend and with Tuesday's announcement, the death toll is 11.
Five victims with injuries are still being treated at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, with one discharged Tuesday. Renown still has nine patients, with two new discharges Tuesday. No patients remain at Northern Nevada Medical Center.
Around 4 p.m., Friday a P-51 Mustang nose-dived near a crowd of spectators in the box seat section soon after the race began killing 7 instantly, including the pilot Jimmy Leeward, and injuring at least 50 at the annual National Championship Air Races at the Reno-Stead Airport.