September 21, 2014
RENO, NV - Firefighters say misstored oily rags caused a fire that started inside the shop of an equipment rental business just north of downtown Reno.
It started just before 7AM Friday, quickly rising to three alarms at Ahern Equipment Rentals.
Firefighters say they had to wait for a ladder engine with special lock-cutters before they could get on the property to put the fire out. Once they got in, they saw the fire was only about ten feet by ten feet, and they were able to quickly put it out. But it destroyed about $10,000 in equipment, though the business was able to reopen for normal hours.
Firefighters say the rags were stored in a ventilated locker. Proper storage is in airtight canisters.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.