Barbecue Use Blamed for Fire at Reno Apartment Complex

By: Staff Email
By: Staff Email
More Video...

RENO, NV - Reno fire crews have put out a fire at the Rosewood Park Apartments on Sierra Madre Drive in Reno.

Fire investigators say the fire can be traced to a barbecue, which was on a balcony of one of the units. The fire was contained to a single building in the complex. Five units were badly damaged, but a fire battalion chief says the entire eight-plex may have to be rebuilt.

One woman suffered a minor injury, and was treated at the scene.

Firefighters found two cats in the apartment building, but two are still missing.

The Red Cross has stepped in to help 11 residents find new places to live.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 205881321