Two Who Died in Truckee From Carbon Monoxide ID'd

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) - A criminal investigation into the deaths of two men in Truckee due to carbon monoxide poisoning last month is nearing an end.

Police say the gas that killed 69-year-old Albert Senzatimore of San Jose and 57-year-old Gary Trovinger of Los Gatos originated from a heater in a Tahoe Donner subdivision home.

According to police, a contractor without a building permit or approved plans had previously installed a door in the mechanical room space where the heater is located.

Investigators say when the residents turned on the heater after the work was performed, the house filled with carbon monoxide that killed the two Oct. 26.

Truckee Police Chief Adam McGill told Truckee's Sierra Sun (http://bit.ly/199GiE0 ) the case will soon be forwarded to the Nevada County District Attorney's Office.

He declined to reveal the name of the contractor or further details due to the ongoing investigation.

The victims were friends, and Trovinger was the home's owner.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233934391