September 22, 2014
1 Head of Butter Lettuce, Cleaned and Ribs Removed
2 Large Tomatoes, Peeled and Cut in 8 Wedges, Seeds and Juice Removed
1 Medium Ripe Cantaloupe Melon
16 Shrimp (about 1 Pound), Cooked, Peeled, Deveined
2 Cups All Purpose Mayonnaise
Ketchup To Taste
Hot Sauce (Such As, Tabasco)
Brandy, Gin or Vodka
1 Cup Soft Whipped Cream
1. Peel and remove seeds of melon and slice into ¼ inch wedges.
2. Combine mayonnaise with whipped cream, lemon juice, salt, hot sauce, and brandy; mix until smooth.
3. Arrange wedges of melon on a cold plate.
4. Arrange butter lettuce leaves on the plate.
5. Arrange 4 shrimp per plate.
6. Arrange tomatoes, 4 wedges per plate
7. Spoon sauce over shrimp.
8. Garnish or sprinkle with chopped chives or parsley.