All week long on KOLO 8 Daybreak, we're putting together a gourmet meal for mom.
12 oz Shredded potato
1 tbsp Diced Onion
1. Rinse potatoes with water. Drain and pat out the excess water.
2. Add diced onion, chives, egg, salt and pepper
3. Form into 4" round cakes
4. Pan fry in butter
5. Keep warm in the oven
6. Garnish with fresh chives and sour cream
Fruit and Banana Bread Club Sandwich
Banana Bread (chilled)
1. Slice chilled banana bread into thin slices
2. Mix cream cheese, honey, and a couple strawberries in food processor
3. Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese mixture
4. Layer sliced strawberries on one slice, blackberries on another, raspberries on another, and mango on another. Make sure you have thin, even layers of fruit.
5. Stack the four pieces of bread with fruit, and put one more piece of bread on top.
6. Put skewers or long toothpicks in sandwich to hold together.
7. Slice diagnally into 4 pieces.
8. Garnish with fresh fruit and mango puree
Hawaiian French Toast
6 Slices of Texas Toast
1 tsp Cinammon
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
1/2 cup Whole Milk
Crushed Macadamia Nuts
Mango and Strawberries for Garnish
1. Combine eggs, cinammon, whole milk, almond extract and coconut milk in blender.
2. Dip toast in mixture and fry on griddle with butter 3 minutes each side.
3. Slice diagonally and serve with fruit, powdered sugar, toasted coconut and crushed nuts
Crab and Artichoke Benedict
6 oz Marscapone Cheese
10 oz Fresh Lump Crab
8 oz Artichokes (packed in water)
1 tsp Fresh Tarragon
1 tbsp Chopped Shallot
6 English Muffin halves
White wine vinegar
3 Egg yolks
10 oz clarified butter
1tbsp lemon juice
3 drops Tabasco Sauce
1tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp White Pepper
1. Combine cheese, crab, chopped artichokes, shallots and tarragon. Stir together. Heat in microwave for 1 minute
2. Poach eggs using 1 tsp white white vinegar per cup of water
3. Toast english muffins. Top with artichoke mixture. Place egg on top. Cover with hollandaise sauce.
1. Whisk egg yolks, water, juice, tobasco over a simmering water bath for 3 minutes (be careful not to scramble eggs).
2. Whisk in clarified butter and season with salt and pepper.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
High quality chocolate (not waxy)
1. Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler
2. Dip strawberries in chocolate
3. Spoon white chocolate into pastry bag
4. Decorate strawberries
For all the recipes featured on Daybreak, please visit www.roundaboutmarket.com and click on the "Specials and Featured Items" link.