Cauliflower Risotto by Chef Brandy
8 ounces low fat cream cheese or Tofutti soy cream cheese replacement (found in whole food section)-softened (room temp.)
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Bragg's Amino's (whole foods section as well)
1/4 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
1 pound frozen frozen cauliflower-partially defrosted
14 ounces frozen diced mixed vegetables (C&W Ultimate Early Harvest Blend is excellent=1 bag-can be found at Raley's)
1/4 cup low fat parmesan cheese
** Using frozen vegetables saves time and waste of not using fresh multiple fresh vegetables-very convenient and makes a great meal at the last minute although fresh can definietly be used. **
1. Add cream cheese, soy sauce and garlic to a deep pan. Heat over low until melted.
2. Meantime, add cauliflower to a food processor with blade and pulse in small amounts until the size of rice.
3. Add mixed vegetables to cauliflower in a large bowl until mixed.
4. Add veggies to pan of cream cheese sauce and stir until just heated through making sure not to overcook vegetables. (The liquid from the frozen vegetables adds to the sauce eliminating the need to add any fattening cream, butter or milk.)
5. Stir in parmesan cheese until heated.
Serve aside herb marinated steak or grilled chicken picatta.
Serves 4 adults.