Consumer News and Recalls
Push Underway To Stop Hidden Aviation Fees
Updated: 8:45 AM
- A federal panel says airlines should clearly disclose the cost of change and cancellation fees, as well as the size of the plane's seats, before a passenger buys a ticket.
The Lodge: Location For A Medical Marijuana Shop?
Posted: 8:54 AM
- Operators of a controversial medical marijuana dispensary are planning on setting up shop at a new location.
Report: Some Top Baby Monitors Lack Basic Security Features
Updated: 8:15 AM
- Several of the top Internet-connected baby monitors lack basic security features, making them vulnerable to hackers, according to new report from a cybersecurity firm.
Report: Malware Targeting Android Smartphones On The Rise
Posted: 8:24 AM
- Malicious software targeting smartphones with the Android operating system is becoming more common, with some handsets already infected when they're bought.
U.S. Lowers Estimate of Takata Air Bags Needing Repairs
Posted: 1:33 AM
- Federal regulators have lowered their estimate of potentially defective Takata Corp. air bags on U.S. roads.
McDonald's to Launch All-Day Breakfast in October
- If you're one of those people who hates missing the end of breakfast hours at McDonald's, hang on just a little longer: the chain says its breakfast menu will be available all day starting Oct. 6.
Jeep Recalling Cherokee SUVs for Wiper Defect
- Fiat Chrysler is recalling 206,668 Jeep Cherokee SUVs because the windshield wipers can stop working unexpectedly.
Do You Need A Medical Marijuana Consultant?
- Several licensed medical marijuana dispensaries have opened up in the Reno area recently. Currently, there are approximately 10,000 Nevadans with patient cards who can gain entrance into those shops.
Michelin Recalling Goodrich Tires
- Michelin is recalling around 104,000 BF Goodrich tires used for light trucks and recreational vehicles because the sidewalls can rupture under severe use conditions.
Nevada Casino Win Down 1% Year-to-Year
- Nevada regulators say the state's casinos kept nearly $923 million of what was gambled in July for a 1 percent decrease from the same month last year.
More Consumer News and Recalls