Consumer News and Recalls
Last-Minute Tax Tips
- If you have waited until the last minute to file your taxes, it can mean mistakes because you are unprepared and pressured to make the tax deadline. There are though things to watch out for and things to do before you fill out the forms or pay someone to do it for you that can prevent IRS problems down the road
Avoid Common Errors When Filing Tax Return
- Remember, April 15, 2014 is the deadline for filing your tax return. Before filing your tax return, you should check to make sure it doesn't contain any errors. The IRS provides the following tips to help you avoid some common errors.
Fees Add Up As Retirement Accounts Dwindle
- It's the silent enemy in our retirement accounts: High fees.
Women's Retail Store To File For Bankruptcy
- The women's clothing retailer Coldwater Creek has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, but is unknown if the store at The Summit-Sierra will be affected.
General Motors CEO Knew Of Steering Problems
- Documents from a House subcommittee show that General Motors CEO Mary Barra received an email about a steering problem in the Saturn Ion in October 2011 - more than two years before the car was recalled.
Sold-Out Elsa's "Frozen" Dress Selling for $1,000 on eBay
- Disney's "Frozen" is not only a box-office hit, the animated film is causing a frenzy on eBay.
Six Reno Businesses Now Accepting Cyberspace Money
- It's a currency that was designed for use online, but now bitcoin has gone mainstream.
Foster Farms Salmonella Outbreak Sickens Hundreds, Ten in Nevada
- Federal health officials say a salmonella outbreak linked to Foster Farms chicken isn't over and has now infected 524 people in 25 states and Puerto Rico.
GM Recall Focuses On Ignition Locks
- General Motors says another part needs to be repaired in the 2.6 million small cars already being recalled for an ignition switch defect.
Just Between Friends Consignment Sale Turns Clothes into Cash
- Have you ever spent money on new clothes for you kids, then turned around and have them grow right out of them? There is a way for you to turn those gently used clothes into cash.
More Consumer News and Recalls