Consumer News and Recalls
Toyota Recalls 690,000 Pickups Due To Rear Springs
- Toyota says it is recalling 690,000 Tacoma pickup trucks because the rear leaf springs could break, puncture the gas tank and cause a fire.
Carson City Woman Pleads Guilty To Selling Fake Tickets
- Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced that Megan Klein, 39, of Carson City, has plead guilty to identity theft.
Man Who Raised $55K For Potato Salad Throws Party
- An Ohio man who raised $55,000 in a joking crowdfunding appeal to pay for his first attempt at making potato salad has thrown a huge public party that promised "peace, love and potato salad."
Nevada Employee Insurance Program Got Bad Rap
- The Pew Charitable Trusts has revised a report on state employee health insurance benefits to show Nevada's program is better than originally stated and generally in line with national averages.
Rumor Has It The New IPhone May Be Too Thin
- It looks like the new design of the iPhone may be too thin.
Card Data Stolen from Northern Nevada Jimmy John's Restaurants
- Jimmy John's sandwich chain said Wednesday that it believes customers' credit card data was stolen from 216 of its shops between June and September.
Stuggling BlackBerry Releases New Phone
- BlackBerry has launched a new smartphone as the embattled Canadian company tries for a comeback.
Protecting Yourself from Credit Card Fraud
- It's one of the fastest growing crimes in America--credit card and identity fraud. How can you keep it from happening to you?
M&M's Recall: Mislabeled Boxes Pose A Danger to People with Peanut Allergies
- Mars is recalling some of its Milk Chocolate M&M's because the boxes may contain Peanut Butter M&M's.
Pink Scolari's in South Reno Closing
- Scolari’s Food & Drug Company has announced the closure of its store, widely known as the pink Scolari's, at 8165 South Virginia Street in Reno. The closing will be effective October 31, 2014.
More Consumer News and Recalls