Consumer News and Recalls
Keeping it Local: Delivering Milk To Your Front Door
Posted: 8:38 AM
- Amid the hustle and bustle of the Model Dairy plant in Reno, La Monte Forgays is a remnant of what some call a simpler time.
IRS Breach Could Have Long-Term Effects for Taxpayers
Posted: 7:55 AM
- Criminals are able to make off with personal information of more than 100,000 people after breaching a popular IRS app.
EPA Rules to Protect Drinking Water, Regulate Small Streams
Updated: 7:55 AM
- The Obama administration is moving to protect the nation's drinking water with rules that clarify which smaller streams, tributaries and wetlands are protected from pollution under the Clean Water Act.
Ford Recalls Nearly 423K Vehicles for Power Steering Problem
Posted: 6:17 AM
- Ford is recalling nearly 423,000 cars and SUVs in North America because the power-assisted steering can fail while they're being driven.
Improving Job Market Builds Consumer Confidence
- Consumer confidence rebounded slightly this month as the job market showed signs of improvement.
Assembly Okays Oversight Changes for Ride-Hailing Companies
- Nevada lawmakers have approved a measure that changes how ride-hailing companies like Uber are regulated in the state.
IRS: Thieves Stole Tax Info Of 100,000
- Thieves used an online service provided by the IRS to gain access to information from more than 100,000 taxpayers, the agency said Tuesday.
US New-Home Sales Jump in April
- More Americans bought new homes in April - fresh evidence that the improved job market is powering the real estate sector.
Taco Bell, Pizza Hut: Artificial Ingredients Getting Booted
- Taco Bell and Pizza Hut say they're getting rid of artificial colors and flavors, making them the latest big food companies scrambling to distance themselves from ingredients people might find unappetizing.
Food Truck Fridays Return to Idlewild Park
- Friday night was the kickoff to the fourth summer of street food in Idlewild Park. Turnout was good even as raindrops started to fall.
More Consumer News and Recalls