Consumer News and Recalls
U.S. Gas Prices Spark Modest Inflation in March
- Rising gas prices in March led to a slight increase in inflation, a sign that some of the broader economic impact from cheaper oil is fading.
Senate Passes Nevada Bill Aimed At Curbing Payday Loan Abuse
- Nevada senators have passed a bill that aims to curb predatory short-term lending.
Unemployment Insurance Claims Jump From 2014
- In March, 14,044 initial claims for unemployment insurance were filed in Nevada, up 5.9 percent from March 2014 when claims were 13,267.
'Uber' Bill Fails In Nevada Senate; Dems Oppose
- A bill that would allow for ride-hailing companies such as Uber in Nevada has failed in the state Senate.
Nevada Senate Passes Equal Pay Bill
- Nevada senators have approved a Republican-sponsored bill aimed at limiting employment and pay discrimination against women.
Mobile Phone Use Leading To New Bank Customers
- The World Bank says an estimated 700 million people worldwide have opened a bank or payment account in the last three years.
Baby Food May Contain Small Pieces of Glass
- Beech-Nut Nutrition is recalling 1,920 pounds of its baby food products because they may contain small pieces of glass.
Bill Would Raise Boxing, MMA Ticket Cost In Nevada
- The Nevada Athletic Commission is asking state lawmakers to increase taxes on tickets to boxing and mixed martial arts events.
Refiners, Retailers Drop Prices, Chase US Drivers' Demand
- The average national price of a regular gallon of gasoline continues to drop.
No Strike As Allegiant Air, Pilots Return To Court Next Week
- Allegiant Air says the company's pilots have agreed not to strike while a federal judge in Las Vegas weighs arguments from both sides in the labor dispute.
More Consumer News and Recalls