Consumer News and Recalls
Amazon At Odds With Retailers Over Shipping Rate
Updated: 3:33 PM
- Amazon is taking aim at grocery stores and discounters like Wal-Mart with a grocery service that lets its Prime loyalty club members fill up to a 45-pound box with groceries and get it shipped for a flat rate of $5.99.
Warning Over Water Main Insurance Letter
Posted: 8:13 AM
- A letter offering insurance for water main damage is making its way around the area, and it could cause people to spend money they don't need to be spending.
800k Batteries In Baby Video Monitors Recalled
Updated: 8:24 AM
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is sending a warning to parents to check the batteries of Summer Infant's baby monitor.
Del Taco Mistakes Dollars For Pesos?
- What was supposed to be a cheap bite at Del Taco turned out to be small fortune for some Southern California customers.
Market Data At Core Of Wall Street Lawsuit
- Providence, RI (AP) Providence, R.I. is suing dozens of Wall Street banks and other financial companies over high-frequency trading.
Easter May Bring Sharp Increase In Nevada Sales
- The Retail Association of Nevada says it expects the Easter holiday will equate to higher spending in stores.
Mazda Recalls 109,000 Older SUVs for Rust Problem
- Mazda is recalling 109,000 Tribute SUVs in cold-weather states to fix rusting frame parts.
Last-Minute Tax Tips
- If you have waited until the last minute to file your taxes, it can mean mistakes because you are unprepared and pressured to make the tax deadline. There are though things to watch out for and things to do before you fill out the forms or pay someone to do it for you that can prevent IRS problems down the road
Avoid Common Errors When Filing Tax Return
- Remember, April 15, 2014 is the deadline for filing your tax return. Before filing your tax return, you should check to make sure it doesn't contain any errors. The IRS provides the following tips to help you avoid some common errors.
Fees Add Up As Retirement Accounts Dwindle
- It's the silent enemy in our retirement accounts: High fees.
More Consumer News and Recalls