Consumer News and Recalls
Fingertip Amputations Prompt Graco to Recall Five Million Strollers
9 mins ago
- Graco is recalling nearly five million of its strollers to fix a problem that could cause a child's fingertip to be amputated.
Consumer Group Lists Ten Worst Toys
- A light-up bow whose arrows are advertised as flying up to 145 feet and the "Catapencil" - a pencil with a miniature slingshot-style launcher on its end - are on an annual list of unsafe toys released Wednesday by a Massachusetts-based consumer watchdog group.
Nevada Fast-Tracks Uber Venue Question
- The Nevada Supreme Court is fast-tracking a ruling on whether state courts in Reno or Las Vegas should properly hear an attempt by state taxi regulators to prevent ride-sharing company Uber Technologies from operating in the state.
Green Dot Money Card Scams Reported in Reno
- The Reno Police Department is investigating numerous complaints from people saying they were scammed out of money after being called and told they have warrants for their arrest.
Ford Recalls Fusions for Ignition Key Problem
- Ford is recalling about 65,000 Fusion midsize cars in North America because the ignition keys can be removed if the transmission is not in park.
Are We Running Out of Chocolate?
- Your favorite chocolate treat might soon become a luxury item. Chocolate lovers are in a frenzy over a report of a worldwide chocolate shortage, but are we going to have enough to last us through the holidays?
Cryptowall: Beware Of Malware
- A new malware is infecting systems as large as law enforcement and hospitals, all the way down to your personal computer. It's called Cryptowall. It not only shuts down your activity; it wants a ransom to restore it. Some local businesses have already experienced the infection.
Shopping Center Planned for Candlestick Park Site
- Candlestick Park will become the site of a large "urban outlet" shopping center.
New Bus Service Will Connect Reno With Douglas County
- A new shuttle bus service will connect riders between Reno, Carson City and the Carson Valley beginning Monday.
Facility in Sparks Offers a Place for Artists to Call Home
- A communal art space in Sparks is giving artists a free place to create their work.
More Consumer News and Recalls