Consumer News and Recalls
Nissan Recalls 300,000 Vehicles to Adjust Console Panel
Updated: 9:31 AM
- Nissan is recalling nearly 300,000 of its Versa and Versa Note vehicles to adjust a console panel that could catch the driver's shoe and slow braking speed.
Egg Board Investigated for Promotional Practices
Posted: 12:52 AM
- The Agriculture Department says it is looking into documents that show that an egg industry organization under government oversight tried to harm sales of an imitation mayonnaise.
Kraft Recalls 335,000 Singles Due To Choking Hazard
- Kraft Heinz is expanding a recall of Kraft Singles products, saying a problem with the packaging film affects 10 times as many cases as it first thought.
Tesla to Reveal Lower Cost Model
- Tesla Motors says it will reveal its lower-cost Model 3 electric car in March and will start taking orders then.
Push Underway To Stop Hidden Aviation Fees
- A federal panel says airlines should clearly disclose the cost of change and cancellation fees, as well as the size of the plane's seats, before a passenger buys a ticket.
The Lodge: Location For A Medical Marijuana Shop?
- Operators of a controversial medical marijuana dispensary are planning on setting up shop at a new location.
Report: Some Top Baby Monitors Lack Basic Security Features
- Several of the top Internet-connected baby monitors lack basic security features, making them vulnerable to hackers, according to new report from a cybersecurity firm.
Report: Malware Targeting Android Smartphones On The Rise
- Malicious software targeting smartphones with the Android operating system is becoming more common, with some handsets already infected when they're bought.
U.S. Lowers Estimate of Takata Air Bags Needing Repairs
- Federal regulators have lowered their estimate of potentially defective Takata Corp. air bags on U.S. roads.
McDonald's to Launch All-Day Breakfast in October
- If you're one of those people who hates missing the end of breakfast hours at McDonald's, hang on just a little longer: the chain says its breakfast menu will be available all day starting Oct. 6.
More Consumer News and Recalls