Consumer News and Recalls
Oreos Get Thin, Going for 'Sophisticated'
Posted: 5:27 AM
- Oreos are getting a skinny new look, and its maker says the new cookie is a "sophisticated" snack for adults that isn't meant to be twisted or dunked.
NV Energy: Majority of Power Back on in Dayton
- NV Energy is reporting the majority of power is back on in Dayton after about 2,000 customers were without power earlier today.
Regulators Pass Higher Electricity Rates for Most Customers
- Most residential customers in California will see their electricity bills increase.
Atypical Foods Make Debut At New York Food Show
- There are potato chips -- so, why not chips made from broccoli, chickpeas and kale?
Aetna to Buy Humana in $37 Billion Deal
- Health insurer Aetna Inc. has made a deal to buy competitor Humana Inc. in a $37 billion deal the companies say would create the second-largest managed care company.
Natural Grocers Recalls Nuts Over Possible Health Risk
- Vitamin Cottage Natural Food Markets Inc., a Lakewood, Colorado-based natural grocery chain, is recalling one lot of Natural Grocers brand Caribbean Nut & Fruit Mix,
Recipes From Charlie Palmer Steak
- Chicken Dry Rub Recipe, Charlie Palmer's pulled pork and BBQ sauce recipe
New Cigarette Tax Makes Impact on Local Businesses
- It's now more expensive for smokers in the Silver State. The new tax on cigarettes started July 1. Local businesses around the area are afraid the hike will change a smoker's habit.
Protecting Homes From Flood Damage
- Tips to help keep water away from your home during heavy storms.
Vegas Moves Toward Arcade-Style Video Gambling
- Bragging rights are usually the only reward at the end of a well-played video game.
More Consumer News and Recalls