Consumer News and Recalls
Reno Air Races Draw New Kind of Aircraft: Drones
- A new kind of aircraft is competing for the first time at this week's National Championship Air Races in Reno: drones.
Reno Fire Department Warns of Smoke Alarm Recall
- The Reno Fire Department is advising people that manufacturer Kidde has recalled some of its residential smoke alarms.
California Home Sales Drop to 4-Year August Low
- The number of California homes sold in August fell to the lowest level in four years as a supply crunch pushed prices higher and kept homes out of reach for many buyers.
FEMA Wants At Least $5.8M in Sandy Aid Repaid
- When Superstorm Sandy hit nearly two years ago, the Federal Emergency Management Agency quickly sent out $1.4 billion to aid the hurricane's victims. Now, thousands of people might have to pay back their share.
Five Things to Do Before Getting A New Phone
- After Tuesday's iPhone 6 announcement, many will be scrambling to the store to get their hands on a new phone, but what should you do with your old one? The experts are weighing in.
Apple Unveils Smartwatch and New iPhones
- Apple has unveiled a smartwatch -- a wearable device that marks the company's first major entry in a new product category since the iPad's debut in 2010.
US Gas Prices Fall, Extending Summer Decline
- A national survey says the average price of a gallon of regular gasoline has dropped 2 cents over the last two weeks, to $3.46, bringing the decline to 25 cents over the last 11 weeks.
Reno Police Warn of Recent Phone Scams
- Reno police say they have responded in recent weeks to an increasing number of reports of suspicious phone calls. The calls are from people claiming a loved one of the intended victim is in jail and the victim needs to send money to the caller for bail to have the family member released.
A Decision Made: Tesla Is Coming To Town
- Tesla Motors has selected Nevada for a massive, $5 billion factory that it will build to pump out batteries for a new generation of electric cars.
Home Depot Investigates Data Breach
- Home Depot is investigating a potential credit card data breach.
More Consumer News and Recalls