Consumer News and Recalls
Argentina: Scandal Widens Over Swiss Bank Accounts
5 mins ago
- Argentina's tax agency says the country's top cable TV operator, a former professional soccer player and a lawmaker are among the owners of some 4,000 secret Swiss bank accounts used to evade taxes.
Hackers Force Message On Websites Via US Firm
- A U.S. firm that helps connect more than 700 companies with customers through social media says a Syrian group hacked the company's web address to upload a message to other websites.
Lawmakers May Decide Uber's Place In Nevada
- Uber Technologies' legal battle with Nevada's highly regulated taxi industry over Internet ride-sharing may be headed back to the political arena now that a judge has at least temporarily banned Uber's unlicensed operations statewide.
Day Before Thanksgiving Busy At The DMV
- If you didn't have to go to the DMV on the day before Thanksgiving, consider yourself lucky. It is historically one of the busiest day for workers and some of the longest waits for customers.
Cyber Monday Faux Pas
- It's a big weekend for shopping both in stores and online, but for those shoppers who don't want to brave the crowds, there are a few things you need to know before you shop online.
Holiday Shopping & Travel Create Opportunities For Thieves
- A lot of us will be shopping or traveling in the next few days. Thieves are watching.
Small Business Saturday Location Moves
- The fifth annual Small Business Saturday scheduled for November 29, 2014, has a new location in Carson City.
Consumer Sentiment Rises for 4th Straight Month
- Greater optimism about income growth and future spending pushed U.S. consumer sentiment to a fresh 7-year high in November.
Reno Judge Blocks Uber Startup in Nevada
- A Washoe County district judge has granted the state's request for a preliminary injunction to block the ride-sharing company Uber Technologies from operating in Nevada.
Vegas Air Travel Up in October
- Airport officials say 3.8 million travelers flew into and out of Las Vegas in October, more than the same month a year ago.
More Consumer News and Recalls