Search Called Off for a Man Missing in Sierra Nevada

By: AP Email
By: AP Email

FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - Authorities have called off the search for a Southern California man missing in the Sierra Nevada.

The National Park Service said Thursday night that it had followed up on all potential clues and there was little information to direct search operations for 53-year-old Larry Conn.

The Visalia Times-Delta reports that the Los Angeles resident went missing during a trip in Kings Canyon National Park last month. It snowed about 12 inches in the mountains the night after he left on Oct. 19.

He was reported overdue four days later, prompting search efforts.

National Park Service spokeswoman Dana Dierkes says rescuers covered 48 square miles. They would resume searching if any new information came in.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177038491 - kolotv.com/a?a=177038491
Gray Television, Inc.