October 1, 2014
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - Authorities have called off the search for a Southern California man missing in the Sierra Nevada.
The National Park Service said Thursday night that it had followed up on all potential clues and there was little information to direct search operations for 53-year-old Larry Conn.
The Visalia Times-Delta reports that the Los Angeles resident went missing during a trip in Kings Canyon National Park last month. It snowed about 12 inches in the mountains the night after he left on Oct. 19.
He was reported overdue four days later, prompting search efforts.
National Park Service spokeswoman Dana Dierkes says rescuers covered 48 square miles. They would resume searching if any new information came in.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.