November 22, 2014
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Police say that the man killed in the home invasion robbery in Sacramento was one of the intruders, and the homeowner was among the three people wounded.
Sacramento police spokesman Officer Doug Morse says when officers were called to a home around 3:30 a.m. Saturday they found that four people had been shot in an exchange of gunfire between the homeowner and the intruders.
One of the robbery suspects died at the scene, while the homeowner and two other suspects were hospitalized with non-life threatening wounds.
Police say one of the two suspects - 21-year-old Thomas Ordonaz -has been arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon. No other names have been released.
Morse says the robbery attempt took place while a number of young people were in the home during a sleepover, but that none were injured in the shooting.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.