September 30, 2014
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) - A Northern California judge says there will be no delay in the sentencing of a convicted murderer who was condemned to death.
The Marin Independent Journal reports that 79-year-old Joseph Naso's requested on Friday to delay the hearing to next year. Naso said he wanted to time to prepare legal documents.
Naso received a death verdict by a unanimous jury this week.
The former photographer was convicted previously of murdering four women in the 1970s and 1990s. All four had matching initials: Roxene Roggasch, Carmen Colon, Pamela Parsons and Tracy Tafoya.
Marin County Superior Court Judge Andrew Sweet denied Naso's request and set the sentencing for Nov. 8.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.