Monterey County Double Homicide Suspect Released

SALINAS, Calif. (AP) - The man considered a suspect in a Northern California double homicide and what authorities had believed was the kidnapping of a teenage girl has been released from jail.

The Salinas Californian reports that Juan Manuel Salazar Jr., who had been booked on suspicion of two counts of murder, one count of kidnapping and other charges, was released from custody Thursday night.

Monterey County Managing Deputy District Attorney Chuck Olvis told The Californian that Salazar has not been charged in the case.

OIvis declined to provide additional details, but said sheriff's officials are still investigating.

Investigators had initially believed that 16-year-old Eunice Serrato had been kidnapped after a double homicide in San Ardo on July 28.

Authorities had issued an Amber Alert as they searched for the girl, but Salazar and Serrato turned themselves into authorities near the Mexican border on Aug. 4.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
KOLO-TV 4850 Ampere Drive Reno, NV 89502
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 165858776 - kolotv.com/a?a=165858776