December 22, 2014
State authorities are investigating what appears to be a tragic accident in a Redwood City circuit board factory.
Police say when 18-year-old Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez didn't return home after his shift at Coastal Circuits, his father went looking for him early yesterday morning.
The father found the body of his teenage son a waist-high vat of sulfuric acid.
Police believe Gonzalez passed out from chemical fumes as he submerged circuit boards into one of the plant's three acid-copper-plating tanks.
A Redwood City police spokesman says officials with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration officials are investigating the incident.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.